The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, But the naive go on, and are punished for it..Proverbs 22:3
Following are ten questions to ask yourself to help determine if you might be developing a romantic relationship with a narcissist.
Is my boyfriend a narcissist?
- Does your boyfriend often talk about himself and his accomplishments?
- Does he have a tendency to belittle or criticize others?
- Does he have an inflated sense of self-importance?
- Does he expect special treatment or to be put on a pedestal?
- Does he have a lack of empathy for others?
- Does he have difficulty maintaining healthy relationships?
- Does he have a need for constant validation and admiration from others?
- Does he have a tendency to manipulate or exploit others for his own gain?
- Does he have a tendency to blame others for his own mistakes or shortcomings?
- Does he have a history of behaving in a controlling or abusive manner towards others?
Is my girlfriend a narcissist?
- Does she constantly seek attention and validation from others?
- Does she have a sense of entitlement and believe that she deserves special treatment?
- Does she have difficulty empathizing with others and understanding their perspectives?
- Does she often blame others for her problems and take little responsibility for her actions?
- Does she have a tendency to manipulate and exploit others for her own gain?
- Does she have a grandiose sense of self-importance and overestimate her abilities?
- Does she have a strong need to be admired and have a sense of superiority over others?
- Does she have a disregard for the feelings of others?
- Does she have a tendency to become easily jealous or resentful of others?
- Does she have a tendency to make everything about herself and not be interested in the lives of others?
Something to consider…