If you are ever in doubt about whether God is passive about insolent pride (narcissism, see here), Proverbs 6:17-19 puts it at the top of the list of things which God hates.
“There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him
- Haughty eyes (“Proud, haughty, scoffer are his names who acts with insolent pride” Proverbs 21:24)
- A lying tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood
- A heart that devises wicked plans
- Feet that run rapidly to evil
- A false witness who utters lies
- And one who spreads strife among brother
Look closely and you will recognize most of these actions as those of narcissists. We may fear that they “get away with it”, but God assures us that they do not.
,Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord;Assuredly, he will not be unpunished.
We may not know how or when He deals with the proud person, and may not see it, but we should not doubt that He will indeed do what He says.
Note: Narcissism is the colloquial term for what the Bible calls “insolent pride” (see here)