To give a quick update on the recent “period of silence”……
I have had a spike in other responsibilities for the past 5 months, which has greatly hindered my time, energy, and mental space for writing. But, during that time I have continued the wisdom search on Biblical Perspectives on Narcissism, and have become more clear on a few things even while I am still searching on others.
- The traits and tactics of narcissists / those with insolent pride are becoming increasingly clear. Once you learn to recognize these traits and tactics, its pretty easy to understand what’s going on.
- Narcissists’ big advantage is their ability to “win you over quickly”. I still need to get a better handle on “early warning signs”.
- One BIG issue is how to deal with these people once you recognize them and what they’re doing. The best way to deal with a narcissist / one with insolent pride varies greatly depending on your relationship to them. In fact, you could make a major mistake if you apply the wrong tool in a particular situation. More later on this.
- It is becoming increasingly clear how God uses these people for our good and His glory, even though He will also deal with them in the end
- I still do not have a very good handle on WHY narcissists are they way they are, how they got that way, and what the “fix” is. But, I am quite sure that the Bible addresses those issues as well and will continue searching.
More to come…………